Monday, June 29, 2009

Team Rocket Shots-Wasatch Back 2009



We had the best time this year! All of our friends in van #1 were first timers to the Wasatch Back and they rocked the house. Those of us in van 2 are now veterans in our second year ;) It was tough this year. They added some miles, it was raining for part of the time and just that whole exhaustion thing. But we were solid and we didn't give up despite hurt knees, upset tummys, and asthma attacks. No one could ask for a better team. We averaged a ten minute mile the whole way. And despite all of the pain and suffering associated with this race, I think everyone is still my friend.
My only goals this year were to 1) not throw up, 2) don't cry, 3) be nicer to Ross when he is trying to help me and 4) leave it all on the road, no regrets. I am happy to say I did all of that.
My mom even showed up with a big sign to cheer me on! (I almost cried then.) Thanks mom!
I love all of you guys! Thanks for letting me captain! You all inspire me to greatness.
GOOOOOOO ROCKET SHOTS!!!!!

4 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Good job woman! I can't believe we didn't get to see you at all. Way to many people running, that's for sure. I think everyone had a good time. Your pictures are great!

Wight Family said...

Great pics! Maybe next year I'll be a beginner! I so could have ran this year... slow but coulda. I should have listened to you!! You were so right! hind sight...

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Kelly you ROCK! It looks like you had so much fun!

Nurse Heidi said...

Woot! WB is just so dang fun. We had 11 of us that were newbies to the race, and while the logistics and prep were pretty daunting, we had a great time and I'm eager for a second dose.