I "borrowed" this from a friend of mine. It was written by a missionary but applies to life so well.
"The mission is not always joy and happiness in the way that i kind of imagined it to me before my mission. It is a roller coaster. and you never know when or where then next sharp curve is going to take place. however I have come to learn here in my mission that those curves are not necessarily bad things. In fact they all have a purpose and a learning experience behind them. If we can some how find a way to push through whatever trial we have to deal with, we will eventually will see what the Lords plan was for it all. President Smith had an interesting analogy. He used child birth. Child birth is one of the most excruciating pains than anyone can feel. I am blessed that I never have to feel that! haha Anyways his question was...even after all that pain, how quickly does the mother forget the painful experience? The answer is probably the same for most mothers. That pain that they felt is replaced with a beautiful blessing to their lives, a new born baby. I guess the moral of the story is that most of the time we can look back on our pains and see them as some distant past, the pain long forgotten, because of the beautiful and wonderful gift that we have been given for what we had to endure. I know that one day....maybe long after this life, but one day, we will be able to look back at how difficult this life was, and almost laugh because if will be almost like it didn't happen. We will be so blessed for our perseverance and faith that we had here on this earth, even when we couldn't see any end in sight."

1 comments:
that is wonderful Kelly.
Post a Comment