Monday, June 15, 2009

Are You Preparing For The Rain?

Two farmers had a planting season approaching. There was a bit of a drought and so both of them had been praying for the rain to come. The first farmer waited to see if it would rain. The second farmer went out and prepared his fields as he usually would. Which do you think had more faith?

I have been pondering in my life lately what exactly faith is to me. I loved this story of the 2 farmers because I think it backs up the point that faith is an action word. We can't just wait for things to happen. We have to go and do and prepare for them to happen. I believe that only then can the Lord pour out his blessings.
The hard part for me is this: I think there is a fine line between having the faith and knowing that the Lord wants to bless me and an entitlement attitude (pride). i.e. Why wouldn't the Lord bless me with this? I DESERVE it.
Treading that line can be tricky I think. How do you do it? Do you prepare your fields or do you just wait for it?

3 comments:

njfroerer said...

Hey---what would I do without you? I've been thinking a lot lately about faith too. I'm just glad that you are always prepared when I am with you. Thanks for keeping me on my toes and making me think:) together we'll be relying on faith---alot.

Tiffanie said...

My sharing time this past Sunday was on faith. I learned more than any of the Primary children did. I hope they each remember a little something that helps them on their way. I know I have so much to be thankful for.

Wight Family said...

Great lesson on faith Kelly. Tiff's lesson in primary must have been really good and inspiring as well, I'm pretty sure that our dear Father in Heaven is listening intently to all the children's prayers for rain, rain and more rain, so that our gardens can grow. Now which one of you is going to counter this? ;) I love ya!!!