I am so ashamed. I was rebuked, rebuffed and publicly humiliated by my Kelly club vice president of operations. Okay maybe not as bad as all that but I was informed I need to post more. The sad but true thing is, I am just not that interesting! But we will pretend like I am and here it goes.
I am in this weird zone lately. Kind of reflective of what my current goals are, if I am happy with what I am doing, when can I go see Twilight again and what I need to change. I have been on a fitness craze the last couple of years but I never seem to be quite where I want to be. Could it be that I can't stop eating food? Why does food have to taste so good? I mean, when there is another cookie sitting on a plate or an extra piece of Thanksgiving pie, what recourse do I have except to eat it? I am helping it fulfill it's god-given purpose. (I am a true humanitarian, I know.)
Anyway, to make a long story even longer, my grandma told me last week I am chunky. Forget the fact that I lost 35 pounds this year and ran 2 major races. Forget that she needs to have HER mouth sewn shut. (love you gram) It just makes me realize I am not quite there yet so I have to recommit and do the work. Could this have come at any WORSE time? Just thinking about all the Christmas treats is making me gain weight! AAHHHH the pressure!
On another note, as president of Kelly club, I am thinking of rescinding all rights of free speech to any other parties in my club. (hint hint KELLI!) Unless of course, she wants to go see Twilight with me again;)
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Rebuked
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 8:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I am all for twilight.......and as sweet as your grandma is (although I have never met her) she is offically kicked out of Kelly Club. If it makes you feel in any better, my grandma always tells me that I look too pale, to make matters worse she even says that when she is wearing her sunglasses.
Thanks for posting........as Vp I look to you, the Pres, for guidance and enlightment. WHEN ARE OUR t-SHIRTS COMING?? (I am laughing, when I first typed that last sentance the "r" in T-shirts got left out, I wonder how many orders we will get for those?....thank goodness I quite swearing, I was tempted to post it that way!)
Hey cutie, I think you are darling!! Grandma's are just that way. My grandma used to nag me about a mole on my face telling me that was all she saw when she looked at me. Whatever!!!
Don't worry about what others think....you are a doll.
Love ya
Rae
OH, let me go get my sewing kit...
Thank heaven my grandma (she's actually a step-grandma, but she's all I've got left!) watches her speech very carefully and I think she's the sweetest in the world, would you like to borrow her??!!
She even gives me clothes!
As for Kelly Club, where do I order my t-shirt? And what IS the next book? And why didn't I get to borrow anyone's last copy??!!!! I'll just keep trudging through Cold Mountain by myself. Man that is a lonely book.
I will totally go to Twilight with you... I just barely got home from seeing it for the very first time! Toaday! Can you believe it? There were 16 of us total.. Mom, G-ma, Aunts and Cousins.. so I had to wait... IT WAS SOO GOOD! You were very right when you told me I would love it! I would see it again and again! Loved it! Just remember.. Grandma's get a little lost in the brain when they get older! You are so not chubby! You are perfect! I would trade you any day! Do don't fret the small stuff! You always look fabulous!
Like some of the others I haven't met your Grandma but maybe she needs to check her specks or just look at how much her gand daughter has accomplished. You are an amazing women to be able to do what you have done. I think you look amazing, and just a little note to self, we are always striving to look better, as long as you are happy with the way you look who gives a @#%$ what others think RIGHT!
If only I could be like you! Working out and losing 35 lbs - that is a major accomplishment, I am sure your Grandma was wearing glasses that are not perscription updated....You are a amazing and look amazing!
Post a Comment