Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Alex the Babe

My friend Jamie has the cutest little girl named Alex that Corbin is totally enamored with. She doesn't know it yet, but I think Corbin plans on marrying her someday. It was her birthday yesterday and all she wanted to do was go rock climbing so the Froerer's came over for a while last night.
Sunday night when I told Corbin that she was coming over for her birthday, he said, "Mom, can you PLEASE make cookies or brownies or something for me to give her tomorrow? It's important!"
We ended up with a plate full of brownies for her. Even though he is madly in love with her though, he almost didn't give them to her. Too much pressure! But he was brave and for 2 seconds he actually looked her in the eyes and wished her a happy birthday. And then quickly hid behind my legs.
You know how it is. You can't actually look at the person you like let alone TALK to them. They are able to see right into your soul for heavens sake! Which is why Ross and I haven't spoken since we met. (he only WISHES I wouldn't talk to him sometimes!)

2 comments:

Wight Family said...

That is adorable!

I spoke with your oldest at church on Sunday. Kudos to your efforts to get them to make eye contact upon saying hello to someone. It is working!!

I said, "Well, hello there Walker!"
He looked up at me for a milli-second of a milli-second and replied, "hi." and resumed the position of looking any direction besides my general direction. It was fantastic!! Good work mom!

I will try again next Sunday with the first SkyWalker I see.

K.Booth said...

That is the cutest post!!! You kids are so darling, I bet he loves that his mom is blogging about his "secret" crush!!