Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Few of My favorite Christmas Things

My friend Kelli inspired me to write this post. Thanks Kell!

1. Snow. I love snow. It makes me happy. I love the way it looks and feels and smells. Yes, I think there is a smell to it.
2. Kindness. Usually at this time of year, my faith in humanity is restored. I am amazed at the things people will do for each other.
3. Reverence. There is a certain reverence that comes at this time of year for me. I stand in awe. Which leads me to #4.
4. My Savior. His birth. His life. His death. His love for me. His love for all of us.
5. The nativity. I love looking at different depictions of how people think it "looked". I have an overwhelming respect for Joseph and Mary and the things they went through and their willingness to do it.
6. Freedom of Religion. and part of that, Joseph Smith Jr. Happy Birthday to him this month too.
7. The song O Holy Night. It's my favorite of all time.
8. Candy canes and hot chocolate.
9. Gingerbread houses.
10. Playing Secret Santa
11. When I find the "perfect gift" for someone.
12. Family. Ross and I have the best. Our kids, parents, siblings, etc. I am so grateful for all of them.
13. Friends. We also have the best of friends. We have added many to our circle over the years and are always looking for more.
14. Traditions.
15. Watching my kids getting the spirit of Christmas.
16. Peace. Hope. Joy.

I could go on and on but I will stop there for now.

2 comments:

K.Booth said...

Great post, we have to make this a yearly tradition!! Loved reading it, I loved your list.

Nick & Kerrie Andrews & Family said...

Fabulous Post! It almost made me cry! I'm emotional today! What can I say! ha! ha! I also loved your list! You are one of those great women Kel! I just love you to death!