Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Angels Among Us

A few years ago, I attended a life training in Salt Lake City. One of the things that it taught me was about the many angels in my life. I had never before realized how many times I had been "saved" by someone else. The first person that I can remember being literally saved by is my husband, Ross. At the time that I met him, I was at a really hard place in my life. I was floundering a little bit, not really sure what direction I was supposed to go. There was always a part of me that had felt broken, so to speak, and I had just gotten used to it. I never realized it could be fixed. Needless to say, he very quickly began the first of many healing processes for me in my life. He has continued to be an angel through these many years.
I also have other angels. Some have swept into my life and then right back out again but lifted me to higher ground and taught me valuable life lessons. Some are people who probably have never realized the impact they have had on me. Some are members of my family.
There are 3 people in particular in my life that have changed it in the most profound way,as of late. They are 3 women that I have met while living here in Clinton, that I served with in the Young Women's program. Besides Ross, there are very few people who have ever made me feel so comfortable in my own skin. I have felt like it's ok to be me, in all my psychotic splendor. I have been inspired to be better than I am. They are such a good example to me and they are always there, even when I don't need them. They have become my sisters, in every sense of the word.
I am so thankful for all of the angels in my life. I hope that I can listen to the promptings of the spirit that will allow me to be the same for someone else.
"I believe there are angels among us, sent down to us from somewhere up above. They come to you and me, in our darkest hours, to show us how to live, to teach us how to give, to guide us with the light of love." -Alabama

0 comments: