Monday, August 6, 2007

Mohawk Lake

This past weekend, Ross and I went backpacking with my sister Shelley and her husband Dan. Dan's brother Nate, and his wife, Jana, also came along. I LOVE to hike but this was my first backpacking trip. It was a 5 mile hike in to our camp. This is not an easy trail people. It wouldn't be easy to hike while not carrying anything, let alone toting 35 pounds along! The hike was well worth it though. The area was so beautiful and our camping area was pretty secluded from the rest of the world. It is so awesome to just sit in nature sometimes and behold all that God has created. It's very humbling for me.
It rained off and on but it was just the right temperature. Shelley's 2 dogs also came along. They are so fun. I love animals, especially dogs. They make me happy.
The boys stayed with Ryan and Amy for 1 day and then with Aunt LaRae for 2 days. Good times were had by all. The boys had a good break from mom and dad and mom and dad had a good break from the boys. We were all happy to be back together. I can't wait until the boys are big enough to go with us.
*side note* For anyone interested, Mountain House freeze dried meals are actually really tasty, easy meals that can be used for food storage. They are available at Wal-mart or Sportsman's Warehouse.

0 comments: