Thursday, July 26, 2007

Happily Never After

The boys and I watched a movie last night called "Happily Never After". It is an animated kids movie. For the most part, kind of lame. But, (there's always a but, right?), it had a really good lesson at the end that got me thinking. In the movie, the balance between good and evil is tipped so that the evil side is prevailing and all of these classic fairy tale stories are not coming true the way they were written. There is a battle to restore order and balance is once again brought about. Here was the cool thing, the stories, although with happy endings, didn't turn out the way they were originally written.


It got me thinking about the stories that we write in our heads about our lives. We all have hopes and dreams and aspirations. Sometimes they come true, sometimes they don't. A lot of the time though, things turn out better or even just the same but we took a different route to get there. Does happiness have to look a certain way? Or can we find happiness despite our circumstances? I think so but really the decision is all up to you.


"Happiness is a journey, not a destination."

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like a movie I need to see. Thanks for your amazing insight! Maybe I should sit back and enjoy the ride instead of screaming at every jolt and turn!