Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 2

Day 2

Today was even better than yesterday! We got up early and headed over to Disneyland to hit a few of the rides we missed yesterday. i.e.Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain. All of us except for Corbin loved Space Mountain. He didn't like that it was completely in the dark. He would rather stare death in the face, thank you very much. I would rather not know it is coming.
After that, we decided to try our luck in California Adventure. I decided this is more geared for kids that are my kids' ages. There are a lot more crazy rides.
When our kids found out we were coming on this vacation, I said to them, "I have waited a long time for all of you to be tall enough to ride ALL of the rides with me. NO ONE is wussing out on me this trip. You WILL ride everything, AT LEAST once." (yes I said it in all caps too.)
Before every ride, Corbin would throw a fit. He would make himself literally sick to his stomach thinking about it. And after I made him go on every ride, he would say how awesome it was and there was really nothing to be scared of. The time was quickly approaching that we would ride California Screamin', which is the biggest coaster here. It is super fast. He broke down into tears and sobbed on me for about 10 minutes. I bribed him with a churro as a reward and he still didn't want to do it. So being the stellar mom that I am, I made him go anyway! (all the while pleading with Heavenly Father that he would like it and I wouldn't have to pay for therapy.) As we got off the ride, he said, "That just moved to the top slot of my favorite rides! And by the way, you owe me a churro lady."
Thank heavens for churros and answered prayers!
Our picks for top rides: California Screamin', Tower of Terror and Space Mountain. Can you tell I have all boys?!

Side note: interesting observation that I made today while people watching-most people don't dress properly for an occasion. They either just walked off the pages of a fashion mag or just strolled in from the trailer park. Whatever happened to jeans and a t-shirt (with sleeves)? Are heels really appropriate attire for an amusement park?

3 comments:

K.Booth said...

So fun!! I love california screaming and I love tower of terror!!! Chad's Favorite is (the caterpillar) heimlich's Chew-Chew train -Ha!ha! Bring home some sun will you!!Wish were there with you!!

Wight Family said...

Having not been to D-land for a LONG time, I can't really remember much. And California Adventure park... totally new to me!! I can't wait to go one day with my bottle of Tylenol and definitely my heels! JK! Tennis all the way.

I too am glad that your prayers were answered, therapy is SO expensive! ;)

Nurse Heidi said...

LOL over your clothing observations...let me assure you that Disneyworld is even worse! The folks in California looked pretty dang upscale by comparison.

I have to confess to being a wimp and not trying California Screamin' last time we were there. We're going again in June, so perhaps I can redeem myself.