I had a few mixed emotions from people about my not drinking Coke. Some people think I am not being true to myself by not drinking one. I think, just because you want something, doesn't necessarily mean you should have it. (chocolate does NOT fall into this category) For me, coca-cola is an addiction. I can't say, "Oh I'll just have one every now again." It doesn't work for me. It ends up being one every day. I don't pass any judgements on anyone who drinks soda because I don't think it's the root of all evil. But is also has been proven that it doesn't really do anything good for your body either so that is why I chose, for me, to stop drinking it.
I am a daughter of God. I was foreordained to be the best I can be. I think I am being the truest to myself when I make choices that will make me happier and me feel better.
Once again, not a judgement on anyone else. This is only gospel according to Kelly, for Kelly. Thanks for listening to me vent about it.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Putting Off The Natural Man
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 11:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The don't call it cocaine for no reason.........oh wait what coke are we talking about here???? Ha!ha! Stick you your guns.......you will be much happier and healthier!!! Kelly club is behind you 100%!!!!
I think it's great and it really shows the strong person that you are. It's good for us mortals to not let our physical desires and appetites rule our lives. You go girl!
Yes, I feel the exact same way and then I saw that same man drinking Coke agan and he was so happy that I started drinking it again and now I'm really happy but can't sleep but that's OK because I can think about how happy I am longer.
Kelly,
Good Job... I do think that soda is addictive...
Keep up the good work.
Troy
Ah dear those Carvers!
You made me tear up, is that the craziest thing? I totally see where you are coming from there. I've put down the drinks for a long time and picked em up again and put em down. In fact, I finally got pregnant being OFF carbonated drinks...
You're awesome. Yet another characteristic that makes you so great to have as a friend! Someone who can put off "the natural man"
Kelly, Does Ross know about this? I saw him buying a fridgemate the other day?
Post a Comment