I am the Wolf den leader in my ward. It's one of my 4 callings. Yeah, I know, OBVIOUSLY, I have a lot to learn or I wouldn't have 4 callings. Anyway, I knew that I would be called into scouts one day since I do have 3 sons. But I wasn't very excited about it. I don't think I am naturally very patient with other people's children or even my own for that matter. I also grew up with all sisters. Sometimes, this whole boy thing still really throws me off. And for most of our married life I have served in the Young Women's organization.
Despite all of this, I always grow to love the boys that are in my den. I have good boys in there. One in particular is about to move on to the Bears because he is turning 9. His mom told me a cute story tonight. They were talking and she asked him if he was getting excited to move on. He said, "Not really." She said to him, "Why not? You have worked so hard to earn your Wolf badge." His reply? "Yeah but that means I will have to leave Kelly."
Awww, seriously that brings a tear to my eye. Somehow, when you least expect it, you do make a difference. And that makes it all worth it.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
A Love For Scouts
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is so cute! I'll hate to leave Kelly too when that time comes. I hope it never does... YW sports is the best!
How sweet! The reason you have 4 callings is because you are dependable, smart, fun and have a good attitude about things! Thats why I have only one ;) Your awesome!
Post a Comment