Monday, February 23, 2009

Mickey's House

We were so bummed when we had to give back Rogue, that Ross and I decided our family needed a little pick-me-up. Ross booked a trip to Disneyland for us. But being the evil parents that we are, we didn't just tell the boys. We created a treasure hunt. They would get a note on their bed that had a puzzle to solve. Solving the puzzle would give them a clue to where they could find a piece of paper that had a letter on it. They each had to solve 4 puzzles to get 4 clues that would eventually get them 4 letters. (this happened over the course of 5 days) Yesterday they had finally gathered all their letters and they had to work together to figure out what they spelled. Because we are evil, we made it spell 'Mickey's House' instead of 'Disneyland'. This is all because we just like to make our kids suffer. It took them about 15 minutes to figure it out. I have never seen more excited kids, especially Tyson! He giggled and giggled. Nice to see him break through the pre-teen "I am way too cool for you" facade.
Anyway, we leave March 2nd. I am so excited!

5 comments:

Wight Family said...

Mickey's House?! That is an incredible way to torture your children. I will write that one down to use for later! Except, I may have to use Minnie... girls!

HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!

Troy said...

I am very jealous... Tiff and I have had some great vacations there with the kids.

The best thing you can do is chill out and spend time together....Have a fun time.... Our kids always enjoy one day at the beach.... Something to consider....

Also it helps to find other people at Disneyland to mock as a family.... Consider it a family-building activity.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful creative way to tell them. I love that you made them suffer just a little bit. I think parents need to be just a little evil.. You will have so much fun.
P.S. I don’t ever seem to have to time to write you back on facebook. I do remember you and I have loved to read up on your blog and your family. Have a great trip

Unknown said...

I want to go! I'm a good tour guide!

Kris Tracy Broc said...

Sounds like a great idea to suprise your kids. You guys are so creative. I hope you enjoy your time.
My sisters and I are going there also, we leave April 29 and come home on the 3rd of May. I cant wait either.