Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions

I totally believe in resolutions. Not the kind that you break immediately but the setting and writing down of important goals. New Year's Eve just happens to be a good time to do it. I accomplished a lot of my goals that I set this last year. That always makes me feel good!
My biggest goal this year was to set a daily schedule for myself so I can fit in everything that is important to me. My life just keeps getting busier so my biggest goal is to stick to the new schedule. I am really excited to pull this off. I might actually be getting my crap together people! (a sure sign that hell is freezing over.)
My second biggest goal is to love myself and realize that I am good enough. As long as I am putting forth my best effort and being true to myself, I am good enough. (In reality, this will be harder to pull off than #1 but it is definitely more important.)
Here's to 2009 being even better than 2008!

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3 / 4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name WALKER or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!

2 comments:

Troy said...

Rip Curl Mom,

I thought that was a real good post. It is good to make goals and remember not to be too hard on yourself. I love that Dr. Suess book. For my resolution this year I am going to train for our virtual fight every day until you let me know a time and a place.

Hope all is well in toasty St. George... As a tribute to your toasty trip, I felt inspired to go to the Valley Market in shorts and flip flops. Surprisingly, I got a lot of dirty looks from the people heading up to Powder Mountain..... Note: Flip flops are not good for slushy conditions.

Wight Family said...

Kelly, You rock! Thanks for the great post and I'll have to remember to remind you to not be hard on yourself. We all are, well I know I am, on me!!