I think I may have mentioned in my half marathon post that I popped 4 toenails while running that day. Always the sign of a true runner, I say. Or maybe I just tell myself that to feel better about my ugly toes! Ah well, whatever the reason, I have been nursing them all week so I could get back to running. I wanted to go Tuesday but I was afraid of causing more damage.
I jumped on the treadmill today cause it was rather wet and rainy. I ran for 30 minutes at a pretty hard pace. I am happy to say, the pigs weren't even groaning. They felt great and it was great for me to get back at it. I only have a month left until the Wasatch Back.
I really do like to run. I feel like I accomplished something after I get done. Sometimes I get bored going long distances but I guess that means I just have to step my game up a bit. Not a problem. I love the challenge.
Since January, I have lost 28 pounds and 3 jean sizes. And I am actually liking the look of my legs. And I feel amazing. That's the most important part for me. Injured pigs pale in comparison.
Friday, May 23, 2008
The Pigs Are Recovering Nicely
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 9:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
28 pounds - WOW!! That's totally awesome! My running partner is on a wait loss/learn how to run journey herself and is down 20 pounds so far. She's committed to doing the Provo River 1/2 with me in 10 1/2 weeks.
And that Heidi is why you rock. Because you do cool things and inspire those around you to do them too. (and you leave great comments on my blog;)
So I was thinking that maybe I should start doing the running thing....until I learned that you can lose toe nails! I thought you were cool before, but now, lady, you are my hero!!
Post a Comment