It's hard to be a mom. Most of the time, it's really thankless. You feel like you are doing everything for everyone else and they expect you to jump at any given moment. But there are also those times when your kids take the time to give you a hug or actually say thanks for something. Those moments make it all worth it.
The elementary school has a dollar store that the kids can buy Mother's and Father's Day gifts in. Each of the boys did great on my gifts! Tyson gave me a new water bottle for my running, Jaden gave me a manicure set and Corbin gave me a jar of trail mix. I am impressed with their skills.
Ross gave me a running outfit for the half marathon on Saturday. I love it and I love him for being the wonderfully amazing, supportive hubby that he is. Yep, it's this Saturday! Last Friday, I ran 11 miles in 1:45. I think that's pretty good. I am excited for it.
I just want to tell my mom and my mom-in-law, thanks for all you do. You are both amazing pillars of strength. I look up to you a lot. I am so thankful for both of you!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Happy Mother's Day!
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Which half are you doing? The Ogden? I have a couple of friends doing the whole Ogden, and it's supposed to be a well organized race on a nice course. Your time is fantastic - I only hope to be able to get to the point of being able to run that far without stopping. If I could run that far in under 2 hours I'd be ecstatic.
Post a Comment