You call this a sport?!?
One of my best friends in the whole world recently inspired me to enter a half marathon with her. We have been training for about 2 months now. I am not, by nature, a runner. I am wicked slow. That being said, last night I ran 6 miles in an hour and ten minutes. My average was about an 11 minute mile although I ran the first mile in 10 minutes. Comparitively, I am slow but this is a huge accomplishment for me. It has been a goal of mine for a while to run a marathon. There are moments that are discouraging but I know with every step I take, I am getting closer to my goal. The further I go, the more I realize that it's a reality for me. It is something hard that I think I can do. What a cool feeling it is to know that if you work at it, you can do anything. The sky, er the horizon in this case, is the limit!
I want to thank my husband for the pillar of strength that he is to me. I probably would have given up a long time ago if not for him.
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 1:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment