Monday, September 1, 2008

Different But The Same

I think people are fascinating. I am always trying to figure them out. What motivates them, what makes them happy, why they act the way they do.
I have recently reconnected with a few old friends from high school. High school is such a joke in a way. Everyone is so concerned with what everyone else thinks and being either little clones of each other or trying so hard to be different that they go way off the deep end.
Anyway, it just got me thinking, for all the ways people are different or try to be different, we are really all the same. We are all trying to be happy. We want someone to love and someone to love us with no conditions. We want understanding. We want to BE something, someone special.
I am so glad for that hind-sight that comes with getting older. You become friends with someone you never would have in the past because you realize all those trivial things like social status just don't matter. You realize that we are all connected. That we all are something special.
Man I'm glad high school is over.

2 comments:

Nick & Kerrie Andrews & Family said...

Isn't if funny how different life is from when we were younger? Do I fit into that catagory.. or being clones? ha! ha! We used to be a lot alike back in the day? ha! ha! Now I wish I were more like you! :) Love ya girl!

Wight Family said...

you are so insightful. But I've always known you were. I agree, high school was a joke, and we all spent so much time just trying to be loved!! I too am so grateful for hind sight, and that high school is in my hind sight!! 20/20 BABY!