This last weekend we went to St. George with two of our very good friends, Shawn and Andrea. I have been friends with Andrea since we were kids and we, as a couple, have been friends with them our whole married life. We have seen each other through a lot of good and bad times. They are awesome.
Our whole intention was to go down there, rent some motorcycles and have a whole lot of fun. We did just that. We got there Thursday night and picked up our bikes in Hurricane. Impromptu, we decided to drive to Vegas and spend the night. We had no reservations, just decided to head that way and find a hotel. We ended up staying at the Mirage in really nice rooms for only $100. Friday, we walked around Vegas for a while before we headed to Hoover Dam. I had never been there before. I thought it was an amazing place. Totally worth the very uninteresting drive to get there. We then turned around and headed back to St. George through the Valley of Fire. I am sure it was named that for it's temperatures from Hades. It was 110 degrees at the hottest point.
Saturday we headed into Zion's to do the Angel's Landing Hike. It is a 5 mile hike. Mostly up hill. The last half mile you need to use chains up a crazy steep and very narrow path. There were hoardes of people there. Andrea and I sat and watched Ross and Shawn do that last half mile. I was a little nervous, what with all the people, plus I get vertigo so I didn't feel bad about it. I will do it some time when there are a lot fewer people to push me off.
We came back Sunday morning. It was so fun. We are so lucky to have such awesome friends that share our sense of adventure. They will probably become our permanent riding buddies.
Monday, September 8, 2008
110 Degrees of Pure Fun
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 8:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment