Saturday morning, the brand new, totally expensive Legacy Highway opened. But it wasn't quite open to cars yet. They officially "cut the ribbon" with a road race. Bikers and runners from far and wide came to participate. Ross decided to do his first ever road bike race.
He was a little unsure of how fast he could go. It was 20 miles. He was hoping for 53 minutes but thought he wouldn't get that. I told him he could do it in 52.
Official results: 51 minutes 30 seconds. 5th place in his class, 31st out of 888 over all! What a stud! I was so proud and he had a stupid grin for most of the day.
He got a cool t-shirt and bragging rights to boot.
Way to go speed racer!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Crazy Fast
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 10:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Woot!! Go Ross! I saw that there was a 10k running race down that too, and it looked very appealing. Too bad we were in Colorado or I would have done it.
Happy Anniversary, too. 13 years is nothing to sneeze at!
Post a Comment