Monday, July 28, 2008

Busy Busy

We have been so busy lately. It feels like we have been going a million miles an hour. Our good friends from Clinton, The Canovas came up for a barbecue one weekend. It was really good to see them and catch up a bit. Corbin has had swim lessons going on since last week. They are in North Ogden so it has been a lot of time and fuel:( He has been doing great though.
On the 24th, we had a BBQ with some friends up here in the Valley and then our family went hiking at Snowbasin Ski Resort. It was very beautiful. Our kids are quite the hikers. Near the middle of our hike, Tyson challenged anyone who wanted to participate in a race up a VERY steep hill. I accepted, as did Jaden and Corbin. Jaden made it about halfway, Corbin ran most of it, as did Tyson and I. Even Ross joined in the fun.(is that the right word for it?!?) Tyson beat all of us. We all made it but I had a nasty pain in the ol' lungs by that time. Hill running does not work for me but the point is, we did something hard and we had fun. The hike back down the mountain was much more leisurely.
In between all of this, my dad had a birthday. Happy B-day Dad! You're one in a million. We also had a fun sleepover with a family that lives up here in the Valley. Normally, we don't allow sleepovers. But Ross and I have been friends with the parents for over 13 years now (crazy!) and they were participating in the sleepover as well. We had a great dinner, climbed the rock wall, made home made ice cream, watched movies and played games. We went to bed at about 1 that night. It was a riot. I have to plan this kind of thing with more families we are friends with. It was fun to have the grownups with the kids.
We have a lot more to do coming up here these next couple of weeks, what with birthdays and weddings and the Weber County Fair. I will post when I can. I have to let you all know about some good books I have been reading lately to add to your piles of must-read-books.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Wight Family said...

Hey must read books lady, have you been to my mommabookworm.blogspot.com? You might enjoy it!

LOVE EWE!

Wight Family said...

one of the memories that you won't live down, is watching you watch me watch Juno! hahaha! You and Jamie and Sherine were just fit to be embarrassed that night! And then when we were watching The Other Boelyn Girl, and we all had to just totally skip that one part, ew gross and come to find out we probably shouldn't have skipped it cause it turned out ok. And, having you come up and give me a hug and letting me know on no uncertain terms that everything would be ok. You talking me down out of my "tree" when I had that big choice to make and was nervous beyond belief. You are priceless! Thank you for being there for me.

Wight Family said...

I totally just posted that on the wrong one! HA!