Sunday, July 13, 2008

Obedience

We had a great lesson in church today about obedience. It has gotten me thinking about it a lot today. Why is it so hard to do it sometimes? I know the blessings I get when I am obedient and I know how much better I feel, yet I seem to go in this vicious cycle. Sometimes I am so solid in doing what I should and I think, "I really got it this time. Nothing can stop me." And then, I get lazy I guess. And it seems like pulling teeth to get out my scriptures or to say my prayers.
I know that when life gets hard and frustrating we can usually look at ourselves and see what we are NOT doing that would bring us to that state. Then we have an a-ha moment when we realize it was us that caused it the whole time and we need to get back on track.
I had one of those moment earlier when I was having my giant pity party, wondering why things are really getting to me lately. Strictly my idleness, I think. I need to anxiously re-engage myself. As of right now, consider it done. No more of this whiny, sissy stuff. Until the next time, of course.

0 comments: