I am really having a hard time the last couple of days. Maybe that's why I haven't felt like posting. I know we all have our times when we just feel a little lost. I am a little lost right now.
We had a family party tonight and sometimes I get a little envious of my sister who I love dearly. She is totally amazing. She has always had this great relationship with my parents that I sometimes don't seem to have. I am always trying to be validated but she seems to shine brighter than I do. It would help if she ever did anything wrong but she never does!
I have posted before about my 3 friends. I also love them dearly. We had a chance to hang out this last week because it was Megan's b-day. It was such a good time but sometimes I feel like I don't quite fit, like they are all better friends with each other than I am with them. I guess most of the time I just don't think I am all that interesting. I don't have a bad self esteem I just don't know why people would like me.
It bugs me that I feel the need to be validated. Why can't I just be happy all the time and let it roll off my back?
Writing it down has made it sound kind of dumb but there it is. I feel a little better. Thanks for joining in on my pity party.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Validated
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Right there with you, friend. A few certain family members (not on my side, so I'm safe posting this) constantly make me feel like poo, and like I'm just not good enough. I don't think they intend to and I don't know why I feel that way. I just do. Why, when I have a ton of great friends that love me just the way I am, do I feel inadequate around them? Sigh.
Kelly, you are one of the most amazing women I know! You need to give yourself credit! You have ALWAYS been one of the most kind and caring people in my life! You are never judgemental and you are always there for everyone, no matter what! I couldn't have ever had a better friend! There were times in my life that I don't know what I would have done without you! ... and look! You are still inspiring me! If you could only see what we all see! Love ya girl!
Kelly Walker! You are in so much trouble with me...you are one of the most amazing people I know! Sometimes there is this not-so-nice guy who likes to make us feel not important and that we don't fit, but the truth is we could not ever be complete without each of us! Love You Kelly! So no more of this pitty party - because you are one loved girl...more than you may ever come to realize!
Post a Comment