So it's fair week. Yes, folks, that means in a matter of hours, nay, minutes, I will no longer own these 2 beauties. And not a moment too soon. It has been a total learning experience. I think it's been more good than bad. I have grown quite fond of Bonnie and Clyde. They really are quite gentle animals. Unless you forget to feed them. A lot like me!
We had the pleasure, if you can call it that, of washing and shearing them last night. Let me tell you, you have not lived until you have washed a sheep's bum and nether regions. I think we were all quite disturbed by the experience. Let's observe a moment of silence for my family's twisted mental pictures.
It was all quite interesting. It took 3 grown men holding our two sheep to get them sheared. They have grown quite a bit. They are very beautiful and I know someone is going to look at them and think, "It's lamb chops for dinner tonight sweetheart!" Thankfully, that is no one in MY household.
I get a little teary thinking about what's going to happen to them soon but I know that they are fulfilling their mission in life.
On to other things, my cousin Steve's wedding was beautiful. His new wife is a total cutie and you can tell they love each other a lot. It was fun to kind of relive memories of being a newlywed and remembering how deluded we were! It's so crazy to think how little you actually know someone when you marry them. So glad that I got one that is so much fun since apparently normal was out of the question. Love you honey!
Life is good. I will post about the fair later.
P.S. Congrats to my cousin Shelby and her hubby Jason. They are expecting a baby early next year.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Of Sheep and Men
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 4:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hee hee hee!! Oh the image of the sheep shearing...especially the nether parts. Too funny!
You'll have to let us know how the fair goes! I think that is a great experience for kids... let me know when they are going to be there and I would love to come over and see them! I'm glad the experience turned out fairly okay! Ha! ha!
It was so fun to see you at the fair. Ross all relaxing in his chair watching the wee lambs, let me rephrase that, biggest lambs in the park! How did it all turn out!? It was fun to meet your parents and to see your boys in action with those animals. We had a blast walking around. And the sheering, very graphic, so glad I wasn't there!! You poor things!
Post a Comment