Monday, September 28, 2009

Friends

I have posted before about friendship. It is something that I think about a lot. I think one of my strengths (most of the time!) is that I am a good friend. And I have been blessed throughout my life with the greatest of friends.

I don't believe in leaving people behind. Once a friend, always a friend. I can go 10 years without seeing someone and when we finally meet again, it's like we never missed a day. But even I can miss the mark sometimes.
I have recently been avoiding someone I have always considered a friend. I grew up with him, have known him since elementary school. He is a great person. He recently went through a tremendous tragedy in his life, Now more than ever he needs love and support from everyone.
I have been avoiding him because I just didn't know what to say that would let him know that I do care. I have been agonizing over it for weeks. I finally realized it doesn't matter what you say as long as you say it. Just a simple, "Hey I've been thinking about you" would be more than enough. So I did. I talked to him and I realized how silly I have been.
In friendship, a little goes a long way. A hug, a text, a phone call, a smile can brighten my day beyond words. After all, we are all here to help each other along the way.
Once a friend, always a friend.

6 comments:

njfroerer said...

You are awesome. I always learn from you:)

Wight Family said...

Even a text while you are driving... ;) You're a great friend. Just keep the ice cream coming and I won't hurt you!! :) JUST KIDDING!!! How about low-cal yogurt next time? lol!

Nick & Kerrie Andrews & Family said...

You are the BEST Friend anyone could EVER have!

Also, I put your Cute KLO Design blog on my family blog and Simple Treasure blog! I LOVE THEM! You are SO Talented!!! Love you girl! Did you see I tried to call you back? Thanks so much for thinking of me! You are such an important part of my life! :)

K.Booth said...

You are the BOMB!! Great post and insight. Love you and YOUR NAME. Ha!

Mrs. P said...

You are way behind.

Mrs. P said...

On blogging I mean, not on being a good friend :)