Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bleeding Toes

Being the wonderful mother that I am, I always observe April Fool's Day. I consider it sacred. I love legal excuses to torture my children.

Last night as they lay innocently slumbering, I climbed into their beds and painted their toenails fire-engine red. This would be acceptable but for the fact that they are boys.

This morning when they started to notice, they each came to me freaking out because they thought they were bleeding out of their toe nails. They were genuinely stressed out!

When I wished them Happy April Fool's Day and they realized it was nail polish, I got beat, told I was evil and that they would never speak to me again. Success!



This is their special pedicure a la mom. I didn't get a picture until after school and a lot of it had been scratched off by then. Ah well...you get the picture!

8 comments:

Shantel said...

You are sooooo funny!! I love it..I wish that I would have been more creative this morning. Your ROCK!! Tell me about your workout..I need to do something!! I added your blog to mine...so now I am cyber stalking you!!!

ross Walker said...

She is awful, my kids were stressing about their bloody toes. They need therapy now.

K.Booth said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!

Wight Family said...

I can't wait to see what you do next year Kelly! That is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

That is great I love it!! I wish I would have thought of that.

Troy said...

Good job Kelly....I would have loved to see their reaction....Make sure the boys know that most moms aren't that cool and it is a blessing to have nail polish on their toes.

Wight Family said...

Kelly, for boys they have really nice feet. I'm a feet-looker-at-er. They have great feet. And Troy is right, they are super lucky to have a mom who will paint their toes. They do have potential (as boys) to have not so pleasant feet. ;)

The Huntsville Dunns said...

That is so funny Kelly.....I can't believe you got away with that and they never woke up. I wish I was that clever! Next year you need to get Ross!!!