Monday, April 27, 2009

My Baby

This is my baby.



In 54 minutes, he will be 9 years old. Time sneaks up on me and suddenly my baby is 9, I have more wrinkles than ever and I feel overwhelmed and scared. That I don't have enough time, that it's all slipping away from me. I swore that I would become a good mom and I am not so sure that I am but when I look at my kids, I swear I must have done something right or at least despite my best efforts, they are the most amazing young men that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Corbin was not supposed to be. My doctors told me to not have any more children or I wouldn't be around to raise them. But I knew he was up there. The first time I held him in my arms, I knew my family was complete.

I have never met a kid that has more love to give than our little "Bill". He accepts everyone, no questions asked, flaws and all. And he just makes you laugh. I hope that when I grow up, I can be just like him.

Happy Birthday Corbin. I love you more than I could ever express.

4 comments:

K.Booth said...

Happy Birrrrr-day Corbin!!! We hope you have a great day and a great year!!

Great Post Kel!

Wight Family said...

He's a great young man Kelly & Ross. You've done something right with all three of them cuties!!

Have a great birthday week Corbin!

Tiffanie said...

Hey Corbin! Happy Birthday. Come on over and I will paint your toenails any color you would like. I know that is a special thing that you guys like to do in your family!

The Huntsville Dunns said...

How sweet....we will have to hook up Corbin and Morgan in a couple of years :)