My birthday was a couple of days ago. My dad called to wish me happy birthday. While we were talking, he asked me if he had ever told me the story of when my mom told him she was pregnant with me. Surprisingly, I had never heard it.
They were only married for a month before she got pregnant. He said he was standing in their bedroom when she told him. He said he was shocked and thinks he may have even collapsed backward onto the bed! Between all of the thoughts of "How are we going to afford a kid?" and "Are we ready?", he said he felt such a peace and happiness come over him. He said he was more excited than he ever had been before.
I was so grateful to hear this story from my dad. It made me feel so special and so loved and endeared me to him even more.
I love my dad so much and I know that Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he gave me to him.

1 comments:
What a great memory!! I love my dad too!!
Post a Comment