Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Miss Teacher Kelly Lady

The title of this post is Ross's nickname for me. I have started substitute teaching this year. I am mostly at the elementary but I have been to the junior high a few times as well.

I have to say that I love it. I was not sure if I would but I really do. It is challenging and I am exhausted by the time I get home. But kids are amazing. Most of them really want to work hard to impress you and gain your approval.
This last week, I subbed for a friend of mine while she went out of town. I was a 6th grade teacher for 6 whole days. My birthday is tomorrow (Wednesday) so I told the class on Monday I would be accepting gifts all day Tuesday. We had a few laughs about it.
Today at school, a couple of the girls in the class, passed out papers to everyone (without me knowing) and had them write why they liked me and to wish me a happy birthday. They then read them to me in front of the class. I was so totally touched. I even started to cry. It was so sweet and sincere. They didn't sign their names so the compliments were totally anonymous. What a great present. They also sang to me and had the secretaries in the office call down on the intercom and wish me a happy birthday.
I love kids. They are so great, in so many ways.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Love it!!

K.Booth said...

What a fun memory! They did it because you are soo great!