I know I am a couple of hours early but I don't know if I will have time tomorrow. I just want to post about a couple of amazing fathers that I know in my life.
Let's start with Ross. Ross is hands down, the most amazing man/husband/father I have ever known in all of my life. Everyone has flaws but honestly, Ross's are very few. He has such compassion and love for me and the boys. He is always trying to think of ways to have fun but he never loses a teaching moment either. He is always showing us a better way and takes those opportunities to teach us about the gospel. The boys can't get enough of him (neither can I). He inspires us, lifts us up and makes it impossible to live without him. We are so thankful for all of your time and energy in our behalf. We love you Ross!
Next, let's move to my dad, Glen. My whole life I watched my dad work his butt off to support our family. Life was not always easy for him and my mom financially but I don't think us kids realized that for the most part. I remember sitting and listening to him play the piano and never wanting to move. I love the way he plays. I got my great love of music from him I think. He is a great cook. I could eat his spaghetti every day of the week and never get sick of it. He also taught me that no matter what, you never waver from the gospel. Whatever it is you are going through, you suck it up and get through it. And even though he regularly kicks my husband's trash at raquetball, he is a wonderful grandfather and father and I would not trade him for the world. I love you dad.
Last, but definitely not least, my father in law, Dixon. From the first moment I met him, he has made me feel like I was someone special. He has never missed a moment to give me a hug and make me feel loved. He constantly tells me that he thinks I am doing a great job (something that every mom needs!) I can tease him relentlessly and he keeps coming back for more. (secretly, I think he loves it!) I know that Ross learned everything he knows from you so I know that he is a great man because you are a great man. Thank you for the love and support you give me and the boys. I know that you were meant to be in my life and I am grateful for it. I love you!
To the many grandpas, dads, soon to be dads, brothers in law, etc., you are all amazing. I love you all. Have a wonderful Father's Day.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Happy Early Father's Day!
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey Girl! I love to read your blog! You are always so loving and caring! I haven't met Ross yet... and I know a mother has a lot to to with the raising of their kids... but so does a father. Your kids are amazing so I know Ross has to be a pretty terrific dad... especially if you snagged him up! Plus your Dad...is an amazing man! I love you guys!
Post a Comment