There are an estimated 3 million people in the U.S. every year that go homeless. About 40% of those people are employed. The really scary thing is that 1.35 million of them are children. It is said that the average american is one paycheck away from becoming homeless. I complain that I am too hot, so I turn down my heater. Then I complain that I am too cold so I put on a sweater while I am turning my heater up again. I complain that I have 20 pounds to lose because I have so much food to eat all the time. I complain that I don't sleep well on my nice cushy bed in my big house with all of my family close around me. It's insane how much people suffer. What's more insane is that I don't always help when I know I could be. I am going to make this year the one to reach out more and to do my part no matter how small it might be. We are all God's children and so we are connected. How can we look the other way when it is our brother or our sister who is suffering?
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Once again you inspire me. I love you.
Post a Comment