My word of the year for 2012 was 'Balance'. I have thought a lot about it the last couple of weeks. I had a clear picture in my head of what I thought balance would look like in my life. From that vision, I totally failed. Does anything ever really go along with the picture we have in our head though?
I realized that balance has come to me in a completely different way.
This year has been one of the hardest in my entire life. As I have struggled to find my way, I have clung to that which breathes life into my soul. Ross, my boys and faith in God are the only way I have survived. I have not been the best at actively living every facet of the gospel this year but I know with all of my heart that my Heavenly Father loves me and has his hand in my life. His love has sustained me when I have had nothing else.
My relationship with Ross is the most important to me. He is literally half of me. I never knew that I could be in love with someone so deeply. His happiness is my main goal in life.
My boys are my very reason for being. I know that I drive them crazy. I don't care. I am their mom. I will love them, nag them, annoy them, protect them and do anything and everything else to help them succeed and be the best they can be. Hopefully one day, they will see me for who I am; someone who would die to make them happy.
So in a weird way, balance has come into my life. I know what is important to me. I know that I would lay down everything else in life to serve my family and my God. I still take on too much and spread myself too thin. But it is my choice. I know that I don't have forever to make a difference. So I will now when I can and still want to. For me, balance is knowing what is important and making it a priority in the middle of all the other chaos.
All of this really is leading up to the word I have chosen for 2013. I have chosen the word, "Abundance". I truly believe that I can have it all. I am willing to work my butt off for it. 2013 is my year to make great things happen. Trust me, you won't want to miss it ;)
Monday, December 31, 2012
2013 Word of the Year
Posted by Rip Curl Mom at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment