The last couple of months I have had the unique opportunity of being a visiting teacher to a girl who had terminal cancer. I knew when I was called to visit her that she would likely not live long.
I never thought in a million years that I would be so changed by someone that I barely knew. Anne is the epitome of strength, faith and graciousness. I have learned that some things just don't matter. I have learned that even in my weakest moments, I still have much strength. I have remembered that as long as I have faith and my family, I have everything.
Anne passed away this last Saturday. Even though it was expected, it still sucks. But I know that she fulfilled her purpose here on earth, not the least of which was helping me to find my perspective again. She came at a time in my life that I really needed her.
I am forever grateful that I got to know and love her. I am even more grateful that someday I will get to see her again and thank her for all she taught me.

1 comments:
You ARE so blessed Kelly. I too am glad that I knew Anne, even just the teensy-tiniest bit. Sometimes we don't know the "why"s while we are in the experience, but this time, maybe you got a glimpse of a why. That is special.
I love you Kell. If there is anything you need, just call!! You know I'll do it for you!
Post a Comment