Saturday, October 6, 2007

We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet

It is conference weekend for the LDS church. It is a wonderful time for us, as saints, to listen to the word of God through our amazing prophet and quorum of the 12. I am so edified and inspired by these amazing men of God.
One of the speakers in the afternoon was Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. He is always an awesome speaker. He is getting on in years and today I was thinking he looked pretty frail. About halfway through his talk, his whole frame began to shake and I was sure he was going to collapse. It only took a few seconds and Elder Russell M. Nelson was behind him and at his side, supporting him through his talk. I cried the rest of the time. Because I am sure that Elder Wirthlin's time on this earth is not as long as I want it to be. Because I can only imagine the brotherhood that these great men (the 12) share. Because I am so thankful that the Lord has seen fit to give us these men that guide and direct us in His behalf. Because the spirit lives in my heart.
I was born a "mormon." I am a Latter Day Saint, by choice.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. =0)