Sunday, February 12, 2012

Friendship

I think about what friendship means quite often. I put a lot of time and effort into being a good friend. I have to admit though, that I have not been a very good friend to everyone lately.

This last year was a hard one for me and my family on a lot of different levels. I have struggled with feelings of being lost. I am not sure exactly my path right now or where I fit. It's funny when you are struggling, who reveals theirself(?) as a true friend. I have those people in my life that I know will be there no matter what. I have also had a few surprises. Like people that I didn't expect showing up for me and like people that I thought for sure would, who didn't.
I got the opportunity to go to dinner last night with 3 friends of mine that have been there through thick and thin, heaven and hell, no matter what. I always come away from those times being lifted up and inspired and so thankful for their presence in my life. They make me want to be a better wife, mom and person.
I know it's time to break out of this cocoon that I have put myself in and start reaching out again. I want to be the kind of friend that I have in Ross and those 3 girls.

0 comments: