
13. A teenager. Moodiness. Rebelliousness. Independence. Responsibility. Pure torture. Pure joy.
13 years has flown by. I never though I would be the mom of a teenager.
Tyson is so smart. Like genius smart. He remembers everything he has ever read in his life-yet he can't (or won't) remember to brush his teeth in the morning unless I tell him. He would read for 12 hours a day if we let him. He has really grown up a lot this year. It's fun to see your kids start to become comfortable in their own skin. To realize that they are someone special, even when not everyone makes you feel that way. Ty is starting to get little glimpses of that greatness in himself.
He is an accomplished musician that loves to sing, play the piano and the drums. He is the deacon's quorum president and understands the scriptures on a deep level. He ran track this year. He struggled a bit because he was the smallest kid out there but the life lessons he learned cannot be replaced by anything else. He knows a lot about perseverance. He got an award for the most improved in track. And, on a whim, decided to run the half marathon with his grandma this year and smoked us all!
The list of accomplishments could go on and on, but the bottom line is, I never realized that 13 could look so good. We adore you Tyson!
Happy Birthday!

4 comments:
Thats my boy!
Happy Bird-day Tyson. Thanks for being a great example for all the little neighborhood boys to follow!
-loved the post Kel, you are such a good mom.
Happy Birthday Tyson!! I love your new 'do! You are an awesome kid. :) Bring on summer!
I couldn't believe how many deacons came into the Primary yesterday. Ty was right in the middle of them all. Amazing what happens over a couple of years. Strong work Ty! Happy Birthday.
Post a Comment